Girl name origins & meanings
- Hindi : Knowledge, wisdom
- Hebrew : Beloved
Boy name origins & meanings
- German : Sylvan man
- Latin : Life
- Hebrew : Dearly loved
Family name origins & meanings
- Spanish and Portuguese : either a nickname from vida‘life’ or possibly from the male personal name Vida(s).
- Northern Italian : variant of Vita 1.
- Italian : from the female personal name Vida.
- Hungarian : patronymic form of the ecclesiastical name Vid, a derivative of LatinVitus (from vita ‘life’).