Meaning and Origin of: Vass
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Bulgarian : King
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- English : status name denoting a serf, Middle English, Old French vass(e), from Late Latin vassus, of Celtic origin. Compare Welsh gwas ‘boy’, Gaelic foss ‘servant’.
- English : variant of Vause.
- Swedish : variant of Wass.
- South German : variant of Fass.
- Hungarian : from vas ‘iron’, hence a metonymic occupational name for a blacksmith, or a nickname for a resilient, tough man.