Meaning and Origin of: Seal
Boy name origins & meanings:
- American : Water; natural; singer
Family name origins & meanings:
- English : variant of Sale 1.
- English : metonymic occupational name for a maker of seals or signet rings, from Middle English, Old French seel ‘seal’ (Latin sigillum).
- English : metonymic occupational name for a maker of saddles, from Old French seele ‘saddle’.
- English : nickname for a plump or ungainly person, from Middle English sele ‘seal’ (the aquatic mammal).
- Americanized form (translation) of Jewish Siegel.