Meaning and Origin of: Sada
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Girl name origins & meanings:
- Japanese : Pure one
Family name origins & meanings:
- Spanish (of Basque origin) : Castilianized variant of Basque Zare, a habitational name from Zare, a town in Navarre.
- Southern Italian : derivative of the Arabic personal name Sa‛ad, meaning ‘good fortune’, ‘prosperity’ (see Saad).
- Japanese : variously written, usually with characters meaning ‘help’ and ‘rice paddy’, and more usually pronounced ‘sata’. It is a common place name throughout Japan. Some bearers of the surname have Minamoto connections.
- Polish : occupational name for a fruit grower or topographic name for someone who lived by an orchard, from a derivative of Polish sad ‘orchard’ or sadzić ‘to plant’.
- Polish (Sąda) : occupational name for a court official, from Polish sądzić ‘to judge’ or sąd ‘court of justice’.