Meaning and Origin of: Regõ
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Hungarian : Meaning unknown
Family name origins & meanings:
- Portuguese and Galician : habitational name from any of the numerous places in Portugal and Galicia called Rego, named with rego ‘ditch’, ‘channel’, ‘furrow’.
- Dutch : from a Germanic personal name with the first element ragin ‘counsel’ + guda ‘god’, or gōda ‘good’, or gauta ‘Goth’.
- Dutch : variant of Rega 2.
- Hungarian (Regő) : occupational name for a musician or poet, from rege ‘song’, ‘tale’.