Meaning and Origin of: Quick
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Boy name origins & meanings:
- American : Fast, remarkable
Family name origins & meanings:
- English, German, and Dutch : nickname for a lively or agile person, from Middle English quik, Middle High German quick, Middle Dutch quic ‘alive’, ‘lively’, ‘fresh’.
- English : habitational name for someone who lived at a place called Cowick (notably one in Devon), denoting an outlying dairy farm, from Old English cūwīc, from cū ‘cow’ + wīc ‘outlying settlement’.
- Cornish : habitational name from Gweek in the parish of Constantine, named from Cornish gwyk, which may have meant either ‘village’ or ‘forest’, or a topographic name from the same word.
- English : topographic name for someone who lived by a place overgrown with couch grass (Old English cwice).