Meaning and Origin of: Pero
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Latin : Rock, stone
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- Italian : from the personal name Pero, a variant of Piero, which is a French-influenced form of Pietro.
- Galician : from the personal name Pero, Galician equivalent of Peter.
- Portuguese : habitational name from any of the places called Pero in Portugal.
- Catalan (Peró) : pet form of the personal name Pere.
- In New England, probably an altered spelling of French Perrault.