Meaning and Origin of: Pala
Girl name origins & meanings:
- Native American : Water
Family name origins & meanings:
- Italian : topographic name from pala ‘upland meadow’.
- Catalan : generally a habitational name from a place called Palà, in Barcelona province.
- Catalan : possibly a metonymic occupational from pala ‘shovel’ (Latin pala).
- Polish (also Pała) : from a vernacular form of the personal name Paweł, Polish form of Paul.
- Czech : nickname for an obstinate person, from Moravian dialect pala ‘head’.
- Hawaian : unexplained.