Meaning and Origin of: Orman
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Old English : Spearman
Family name origins & meanings:
- Irish : variant of Ormond.
- Dutch : from a derivative of Horn suffixed by man ‘man’, or the topographic or habitational name van Hoorn, denoting someone who lived by a pointed or curved geographical feature (Dutch hoorn).
- Hungarian (Ormán) : from Ormán, an old secular personal name.
- Jewish (Ashkenazic) : of uncertain origin; perhaps a nickname from Yiddish orem ‘poor’ + man ‘man’.
- Southern English : unexplained.