Meaning and Origin of: Lada
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Girl name origins & meanings:
- Slavic : Goddess of love and fertility
Family name origins & meanings:
- Polish (also Łada) and Czech (Moravian) : from a pet form of the personal name Lada, a short form of Polish Władysław, Ładysław, or Czech (V)ladislav (see Laszlo).
- Czech : topographic name from lada ‘heath’.
- Hungarian (Láda) : metonymic occupational name for a joiner, from Hungarian láda ‘box’, from Middle High German lade ‘box’, ‘coffin’.
- Hungarian : from Lad(a) a short form of the personal name Ladomér, a Hungarian form of Slavic Vladimir.