Meaning and Origin of: Kipper
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Old English : Wearing a crown; sharply pointed hill
- Old Norse : Ship owner
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- German : variant of Kipp.
- German : habitational name for someone from a place called Kipper in Westphalia.
- Eastern German : from Sorbian kipry ‘weak’, hence a nickname for a frail or weak-willed person.
- German : from Middle High German kipper ‘unfair fighter’, hence a nickname for a person of no standing.
- Jewish (Ashkenazic) : variant of Kiper 4.