Meaning and Origin of: Dain
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Norse : From Denmark
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- English : nickname from Middle English digne, deyne ‘worthy’, ‘honorable’, or alternatively, as Reaney suggests, from Middle English dain(e) ‘haughty’, ‘reserved’ (Burgundian French doigne).
- English : variant of Dean.
- English : variant of Dane.
- French : nickname from Old French dain ‘agile’, ‘nimble’.
- Jewish : variant of Dayan.