Meaning and Origin of: Caley
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Irish : Victorious people
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- English (of Norman origin) : habitational name from places in Eure and Seine-Maritime, France, called Cailly, from a Romano-Gallic personal name Callius + the locative suffix -acum.
- English : habitational name from a minor place called Caley in the parish of Winwick, Lancashire, named with Old English cā ‘jackdaw’ + lēah ‘woodland clearing’.
- Irish : reduced and altered form of McCauley.
- Manx : variant of Callow.