Girl name origins & meanings
- Hindi : A musical instrument
- Hebrew : Intelligence, understanding
- German : From the name Bingham: kettle-shaped hollow
Family name origins & meanings
- English (chiefly South Yorkshire) : topographic name for someone who lived on land enclosed by a bend in a river, from Old English binnan ēa ‘within the river’, or a habitational name from places in Kent called Binney and Binny, which have this origin.
- Scottish : habitational name from Binney or Binniehill near Falkirk, named in Gaelic as Beinnach, from beinn ‘hill’ + the locative suffix -ach.