Meaning and Origin of: Binney
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Girl name origins & meanings:
- Hindi : A musical instrument
- Hebrew : Intelligence, understanding
- German : From the name Bingham: kettle-shaped hollow
Girl name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- English (chiefly South Yorkshire) : topographic name for someone who lived on land enclosed by a bend in a river, from Old English binnan ēa ‘within the river’, or a habitational name from places in Kent called Binney and Binny, which have this origin.
- Scottish : habitational name from Binney or Binniehill near Falkirk, named in Gaelic as Beinnach, from beinn ‘hill’ + the locative suffix -ach.