Meaning and Origin of: Baros
Family name origins & meanings:
- Portuguese or Spanish : habitational name from any of several places called Barros, named with barro ‘loam’, ‘clay’.
- Hungarian : from a pet form of the personal names Barnabás (see Barnaby) or Bertalan (see Bartholomew).
- Czech and Slovak (Baroš) : from a pet form of the personal name Bartoloměj (see Bartholomew).
- Polish : from a pet form of a personal name beginning with Bar- (Bartłomiej, Bartołt, or Barnaba).
- Greek : nickname from Albanian mbarë ‘happy’, ‘lucky’.