popular topics in activities for toddlers
- Activities for ToddlersColored Ice CubesColored Ice CubesIce cubes will melt fairly quickly in a warm bath, but they can still be a choking hazard for little ones. Please supervise carefully. Materials Ice cube tray Water Food coloring Directions Make colored ice cubes by adding a drop...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Activities for ToddlersBig Mouth GameBig Mouth Game Materials Cardboard box Markers Scissors Newspaper or tissue paper for decorating Glue Tennis balls or a rolled-up pair of socks Directions Draw a happy face on the side of a closed cardboard box. Make sure to draw a big, smiling, ...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Drawing and PaintingWax Paper ArtWax Paper ArtA safe and easy alternative to grated crayons and an iron. Materials Glue Liquid tempera paint or food coloring Paintbrush Wax paper Colorful leaves Directions Mix glue with tempera paint or food coloring to achieve a bright color (o...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Activities for ToddlersPretend Grocery StorePretend Grocery StoreToddlers have fun filling up bags and baskets with just about anything. For variety, use blocks or Duplo in place of the groceries suggested here. Materials Paper bag with handles or small basket Empty food boxes and containe...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Activities for ToddlersSticky FingersSticky FingersMaterials Flat piece of wood Glue gun Velcro Small figures of animals, dinosaurs, cowboys, and so on Directions Glue Velcro onto a flat piece of wood (use a piece that will fit on the tray of your child's highchair). Glue pieces of ...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Christmas OrnamentsChristmas Doorknob DecorationChristmas Doorknob DecorationMaterials Red felt Plastic lid for tracing, about 4 inches in diameter Green felt Glue Stickers, glitter, beads, sequins, and so on Directions Cut a 4-inch circle out of red felt. Cut out a 1-inch circle in the middle...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Self-Care ActivitiesSparkle GermsSparkle Germs Activity for an individual child Age group: 30-40 months Duration of activity: 10 minutes Materials: Craft glitter Young children are often resistant to washing their hands. It is hard for them to understand things that they cannot...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Easter Activities and CraftsEaster Egg HolderEaster Egg HolderThis is an easy way to display all the eggs your child decorates. Materials: Empty paper towel roll Scissors Construction paper Glue Glitter or stickers for decorating Directions: Cut the paper towel roll into 2-inch sections. Cu...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Activities With FoodFroot Loop SandFroot Loop SandMaterials Froot Loops cereal Food processor or rolling pin Construction paper Glue stick Directions Make Froot Loop Sand by crushing Froot Loops cereal in a food processor or with a rolling pin. Rub the glue stick onto a piece of c...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Drawing and PaintingToddler MuralToddler MuralToddlers love to color and will usually color on anything and everything if you let them. Try this idea if you have a runaway artist in your home. Materials Large sheet of drawing paper Art easel Fat crayons Yarn Scissors Directions...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Activities for ToddlersWay Up in the SkyWay Up in the Sky Activity for an individual child Age group: 18-40 months Duration of activity: 15 minutes Your child will enjoy this cute action rhyme. It is more fun when you exaggerate the voices and use a high pitch when the birds are talki...
- Activities for ToddlersTape ShapesTape ShapesMaterials Masking tape or colorful tape Directions Use masking tape or colorful tape to make several different shapes on the floor. Call out different movements, such as "Crawl to the square," "Hop to the circle," or "Run to the triang...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Activities for ToddlersPompom FunPompom Fun Materials Pompoms in various sizes and colors Directions Purchase pompoms in a variety of colors and sizes from a fabric or craft store. For very young children, start with no more than three colors or sizes. Use several sizes of pompo...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Activities for ToddlersCar Game: Where Is It?Car Game: Where Is It?In this fun travel game for the car, name things that you see and ask your toddler to point to them.Directions As you're driving in the car, name things that you see and ask your toddler to point to them (for example, "Where...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Activities for ToddlersMusical AnimalsMusical AnimalsThis is an easier and more suitable (for younger children) version of the familiar musical chairs game. Materials 1 stuffed animal for each player 1 chair for each player (optional) Music Directions Place several chairs in a circle...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book
- Book FinderBook FinderFind our top picks for the best books of the year!familyeducation editors
- Activities for ToddlersBathtime BubblesBathtime Bubbles Materials Bubble solution Bubble blower Directions Blow bubbles for your child while she sits in the bath. Have her try to catch them in her open hands or clap her hands together to pop them. ...Trish Kuffner, author of The Toddler's Busy Book