- Improved learning. Field trips are a great way to make the lessons you are teaching to your students more real; this helps them see the practical applications of their education.
- Broadened horizons. You can use field trips to expose your children to all sorts of experiences.
- Opportunities for socialization. Many of your field trips will be done in conjunction with other homeschoolers. This provides a great chance for your kids to interact with other homeschooled kids.
- Interrupted routine. Field trips are a great way to add variety to your homeschool and are a great way to break up the routine of school.
- Lots of fun. Field trips are fun for both students and their teachers (in this case, you!).
Adding Field Trips to Your Homeschool
Field trips are a great addition to the homeschool experience. This article offers some great tips for interesting field trips.