Brought to you by the American School Counselor Association
When you leave for campus, be sure to take along these dozen revealing questions to ask your student tour guide.
- What's the typical class size for freshmen? For upperclassmen?
- Does the school provide tutors?
- Is housing guaranteed all four years?
- If the dorms are co-ed, is it by wing, floor, or every other room?
- Are there fraternities and sororities?
- How does he/she feel walking around the campus at night? What about the surrounding neighborhood in all four directions?
- What is the quality of faculty advising?
- How is the student turnout and spirit at sporting events?
- Is the student body diverse or does one type dominate?
- What happens on the campus on the weekends? Does it empty out or is there plenty to do?
- Can freshmen have cars and are cars really necessary?
- What outstanding professors or courses might the tour guide recommend regardless of a student's major?