How to boost your child's self-esteem
- Don't overreact! Count to ten.
- Be good to yourself -- get a hobby.
- Catch your child being good.
- Assign your child special jobs like feeding the family pet.
- Enroll your child in extracurricular activities.
Adapted from National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities (NICHCY) Briefing Paper, Revised Edition, October 1994. Contact NICHCY at P.O. Box 1492, Washington, DC 20013-1492; phone: 800/695-0285 or 202/884-8200 (Voice/TT); email: email@example.com