A lack of understanding about each other's differences can lead to intolerance, suspicion, and even violence. Take your family on a culture cruise with these ideas, expert opinions, and activities.
1. Kids can't relate to others until they understand themselves. Do your kids know their roots? Help them learn more build your very own family tree.
2. Show your kids how to stomp out stereotypes and talk back to the TV!
3. Find out why some minority groups are planning to boycott TV. Then decide if you agree with their stance.
4. Find out and share with your kids why black kids are sitting together in the cafeteria.
5. Help your kids learn more about their own culture with this delicious activity.