Having trouble talking about the delicate subjects in your teen's life? Don't start a conversation you can't finish. Get the facts you need to talk honestly with your kids.
- Forty percent of high-school seniors have tried marijuana. Be clear with your teen about the drug and its risks.
- Lots of kids have same-sex crushes. Explain to your teen that this isn't uncommon.
- Only 19 percent of kids learn about sex from their parents. Teach your teen about the birds and the bees.
- Puberty can be tough on kids. Steer your teen through these awkward years.
- The movies often deliver "adult only" themes right into your home. Be upfront with your teen about sex in the media.
- Kids learn prejudice from the adults in their lives. Set the right example for your teen.
- Ninety percent of parents say schools should teach sex education. Find out what teens are learning.
- Half of U.S. kids say TV news makes them depressed, angry, or sad. Watch and talk about the news with your teen.