This activity is fun for prereaders, beginning readers, and independent readers. Adapt it to your child's ability.Materials
- Family photos or photos from old magazines or catalogs Glue
- Small notebook, sheet of poster board, or several sheets of plain paper plus construction paper and stapler
- Pencil, pen, colored pencils, or markers
- Give your child some family photos or old magazines or catalogs to look through for photos.
- Let him glue several photos that interest him into a small notebook or onto a sheet of poster board or several sheets of plain paper.
- Encourage your child to think of a descriptive, funny, or just plain crazy caption for each photo. Have your child write the caption below the photo.
- If you like, write the caption faintly in pencil and let your child trace it, or write the caption on scrap paper and let your child copy it.
- If you've used plain paper, assemble the pages into a booklet by adding a construction paper cover and stapling the pages together.