- 15 to 20 minutes
- Plastic tarp, old shower curtain, or heavy-duty plastic garbage bag
- Warm water
- Babies love water, and this is an activity that encourages water play and a good workout on a warm day. On a level lawn area, spread out the plastic and wet it with an inch or 2 of warm water, or let the water warm in the sun before you begin your play.
- Place your baby in a tummy or sitting position with you right alongside to encourage the splashing and water fun.
- Show your baby how to pat and splash with the hands.
- Trickle or pat a little of the water on your baby's face.
- Provide a wash cloth for your baby to sop up the water and suck on.
- Add a few rubber toys to splash with.