- 20 to 30 minutes
- Divide the paper into 2 columns, labeled Foods I Like and Foods I Do Not Like.
- Work together to think of all the foods that fall into those 2 categories and create separate lists to share.
- Talk about nutrition and how each of your choices could be altered.
- Make up a list of foods on the Do Not Like list that could be tried and perhaps moved to the other list. You may want to consider a reward, such as being able to pick a helping of a food they do like for each one moved over.
- Take your child shopping to purchase, prepare, and eat 2 foods on the Like list and 1 on the Do Not Like list.
- Brainstorm different ways to prepare foods on the Do Not Like list to make them acceptable and experiment with them.