You'll need these materials:
What to do:
Before you begin, blow up a balloon and then cut a bunch of 2-inch wide strips of newspaper. Put them to the side for later use.
- Step One Mix 1 cup of flour and 1 cup of water together in a mixing bowl. Stir it well until the mixture is thin.
- Step Two Have an adult stir in 4 cups of boiling water.
- Step Three Stir the mixture for about 3 minutes, then leave it to cool. This will be your glue.
- Step Four Using the strips of newspaper you've cut, dip each in the flour glue and wrap them around the balloon.
- Step Five Cover the balloon with about two to three layers of newspaper. Allow each layer to dry well before adding another one.
- Step Six After you've completely covered the balloon with a few layers of papier-mache, let it dry for a day or two.
- Step Seven When it's completely dry, make a tiny opening and pop and remove the balloon from the inside.
Now, it time to decorate!
- Step One Take a paintbrush and cover the entire giant peach with the paint.
- Step Two Allow the first layer of paint to dry and depending on how it looks, you may want to add another coat of paint.
- Step Three Let it dry completely for several hours.
- Step Four Now it's time to make the stem of your peach pinata. Make a small hole at the top center of the peach.
- Step Five Insert the pipe cleaner(s) into the hole.
- Step Six Make a tiny opening in the pinata where you can pour candy into it.
- Step Seven After you have filled it, glue a few newspaper strips (like you had done before) over the hole and then paint them.
- Step Eight When the paint's dry, your pinata is ready!