Generations of children have enjoyed making paper-doll chains. Your child can use this technique to make a border for his bedroom, the mantel, or a plain wall in your home.
- Large sheet of paper
- Crayons, markers, or paint
- Cut a strip of paper about 36 inches long and 6 inches wide.
- Fold the strip of paper accordion style, making each panel about 3 inches wide.
- Have your child draw a simple figure on the top panel. Make sure part of the figure touches the fold on each side.
- Carefully cut out the figure, making sure not to cut along the folds.
- Let your child unfold the chain of figures and decorate it with crayons, markers, or paint.