- Large paper bag
- Hole punch
- Paper ring reinforcements
- Paint or markers
- Stapler or glue
- Crepe paper streamers
- Punch a hole on each of the four corners of a large paper bag, at least one inch from the edge of the bag.
- Place a paper ring reinforcement on each hole.
- Cut two three-foot lengths of string and tie each end to a hole to form two loops.
- Cut another three-foot length of string and tie it through the two loops to create a handle.
- Have your child decorate the bag with paint or markers, and give her crepe paper streamers to glue or staple onto the bag.
- When your child holds onto the string and runs, the kite will fill with air and float behind her.