- 10 to 20 minutes
- Brown paper shopping bags
- Shallow pan of water
- This is an easy outdoor activity that provides a fun way to learn about the feet and the length of stride. Cut the paper bags at the seam so that they can be spread out flat.
- Step into the water with bare feet and walk across the paper bag, leaving footprints.
- Watch as they evaporate and disappear.
- Do this activity on the pavement on a warm (but not too hot) day and compare the stride of walking to running.
- Repeat the activity making hand prints.
- Try to cover the entire page before the prints evaporate.
- Challenge your child to find other objects outside that they can use to make prints.