- 5 to 10 minutes
- It will be a long time before your child has sufficient strength and hand-eye coordination to hit a ball with a bat, but this is an activity that can lead the way to that skill. Inflate a few balloons to use as balls and sit a few feet away from each other, batting them with the hands as they move slowly by.
- Dispose of the balloons after you are finished, as they pose a choke hazard.
- Kick the balloons across the floor or into the next room.
- Bounce a balloon off your child's head with a springing forward motion as you do so.
- Use an empty paper-towel roll to hit the balloons.