- Fifteen to twenty small household objects (key, bottle cap, paper clip, safety pin, coin, and so on)
- Tray or tabletop
- Towel or sheet
- Place fifteen to twenty small household objects on a tray or tabletop.
- Cover the objects with a towel or sheet.
- Have the players stand around the tray or table so each has a good view.
- Remove the sheet or towel and let the players look at the objects for one to two minutes. Then cover the objects again.
- Give each player a sheet of paper and a pencil.
- Challenge the players to write down as many objects as they can recall.
- The winner is the player who correctly recalls the most objects.
- f a young child who can't write is playing, pair him with an older child or adult.
- After the younger child has viewed the objects, have him dictate what he recalls to his partner, who writes it down.