- Small paper plates
- Wine bottle, candlestick, or other tall, steady object
- Cut the center out of each paper plate, leaving a one-inchwide ring.
- Set a wine bottle, candlestick, or other tall, steady object on the floor.
- Have your child stand back several feet and try to throw the rings so that they land encircling the bottle or candlestick.
- A child playing alone can see how many rings he tosses successfully in a designated time. Two or more children can take turns tossing rings to see who has more successful tosses.
- You may want to color-code each child's rings or label them with the child's name.