- Slivers of soap you have saved
- Double boiler
- Juice can or muffin tin for mold
- Heavy yarn or twine
For this project, you need to save bits and pieces of soapthe more colors the better.
- Once you have many bits of soap saved, put them in the top part of a double boiler and fill the bottom part two-thirds full with water.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Stir the soap until it is melted.
- Ask an adult to help you with the stove and hot soap.
- When the soap is melted, pour it into the juice can or muffin tin "mold." Make sure someone helps you pour the hot soap.
- As the soap cools and hardens, insert two ends of folded 22 inch yarn or twine into the soap leaving the loop end out.
- When the soap is hard, remove from the mold by using warm water.