Decorate your house for Hanukkah with these great patchwork stars.
- Utility knife
- Any circular item about 4 inches in diameter
- 10-ounce Styrofoam or paper cups
- Pen, pencil, or marker
- Popcorn, candy, or other treats
- Black and white paper
- Cut a triangle from the cardboard.
- The triangle should have 3 equal sides, each about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Trace the triangle on fabric scraps and cut out 12 triangles.
- On a piece of cardboard, have your child arrange 6 of the fabric triangles to form the points of a Star of David. (The bases of the triangles join to form an empty hexagon in the middle.)
- Glue the triangles in place.
- Fill in the middle hexagon with the remaining fabric triangles and glue them in place.
- Carefully cut around the outline of the star. If you like, glue a length of ribbon or trim along each side of the middle hexagon.
- Glue a small loop of ribbon onto the back of the star for hanging.