Envelopes made from gift-wrap or wallpaper add a special touch to holiday cards, invitations, and thank-you notes.
- Rectangular greeting card
- Pencil and ruler
- Glue and paper clips
- Have your child cut the card along the fold.
- Turn over the front of the card and draw a line 1 inch from each long edge and 1 1/2 inches from each short edge.
- Fold along each line, then open the folds to make a little rectangle in each corner of the card.
- For each little rectangle, cut along the line that starts at a short side so the rectangles become flaps.
- Fold the long sides up and fold the flaps inward.
- Brush glue on the outsides of the flaps. Fold up the short sides of the card and press them onto the flaps.
- Fold the top edges of the short sides over the flaps and glue them down.
- Secure the glued spots with paper clips until the glue dries.
- Repeat the process above using the other half of the card.
- Make the bottom slightly smaller so the lid will fit over it by increasing each measurement 1/8 inch.