- Large Easter basket
- Pan, large enough to hold the basket
- Wheat seeds (about 1 pound)
- Vermiculite (about 1 pound)
- Plastic wrap
- Grow a miniature meadow right in your own Easter basket.
- About a week before Easter, line a large Easter basket with plastic wrap and fill with vermiculite up to two inches below the rim.
- Sprinkle the wheat seeds on top of the vermiculite, set the basket in the sink, and add water until the seed bed is moist.
- You won't have to water it again before Easter.
- Set the basket in a pan and place it in filtered sunlight.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap to keep moist; remove the plastic after two days.
- The wheat will begin to sprout during the next few days, and by Easter morning, you will have real Easter grass for hiding your Easter eggs.