- 20 to 30 minutes
- Common household objects
Earth Day is celebrated on April 22. In preparation for this day of ecological kindness, think of ways to do the following:
- Reduce: Buy products that are not over-packaged in individual servings; check household water usage for things like brushing teeth or washing hands.
- Recycle: Buy recycled-paper products; recycle newspapers; recycle containers to use for storage of leftovers instead of using foil or plastic wraps.
- Donate: Collect and give away old clothing or toys to charities.
- Organize the family to celebrate Earth Day with a specific task.
- Organize a neighborhood activity with friends and plan several activities. Make and distribute informational programs ahead of time.