- 5 to 10 minutes
- Masking tape
- 3 small empty milk cartons
- 2 kinds of colored contact paper
- This is a decision game that your baby will love. Put the bell into a carton and seal all 3 cartons securely with masking tape.
- Cover the 2 empty containers with one kind of contact paper and the bell carton with a different kind.
- Give your baby the cartons one at a time while shaking them.
- When you give the carton with the bell, act surprised and pleased when you hear the sound.
- Help your baby learn to pick the one with the bell.
- Encourage your baby to shake each carton to find the sound.
- Take away the carton with the bell in it and give your baby only the empty ones. See how long play continues before your baby seeks the noisy one.
- Ask your baby to give you the one with the bell and keep asking if the wrong one is offered. Applaud successful choices.