- Coins and/or stamps from your own and other countries
- Small box, notebook, or coin and stamp collecting books
- Start your preschooler on a coin and/or stamp collection.
- Ask friends and family traveling abroad to collect coins for you.
- Compare the coins and see what information they contain about the country.
- Stamps tell many different things about a country--its political leadership to its native bird life.
- Show your child how to remove stamps from your incoming mail by soaking them in a small amount of warm water.
- Give her special notebooks into which she can glue the stamps and tape the coins, or save them in a small box.