- Large green poster board
- Small yellow poster board
- Large colored clothespins or plastic paper clips
- Hole punch
- Heavy tape (optional)
- Cut a green triangle and a yellow star out of poster board. Glue the star to the top of the green triangle.
- Glue paper clips or clothespins onto the green triangle Christmas tree.
- When dry, punch a hole through the poster board where the tree and star meet.
- Loop a ribbon through the hole and tie a knot. Hang on a hook on the wall, or use heavy tape to attach it to the refrigerator or your child's bedroom door.
- Attach the Christmas cards you receive to the paper clips or clothespins.
- Try adapting this idea for other occasions: Make a Valentine holder by gluing clips onto a big heart cut from red poster board, or glue clips onto a large number "4" to hold cards from your child's fourth birthday.