- Deck of playing cards
- Deal five cards faceup in a row.
- Remove any kings or pairs of cards that add up to thirteen: an ace and a queen, a two and a jack, a three and a ten, a four and a nine, a five and an eight, or a six and a seven.
- Discard all the pairs, then deal a new row of five cards on top of the first row.
- Discard any pairs of top cards that add up to thirteen.
- Continue in this way until the whole deck is dealt.
- The object of the game is to discard the entire deck in pairs that add up to thirteen.