- Paper Scissors, tape, glue, and
- Markers photos (optional)
- A time line can be as short as one page or as long as a wall.
- To make a short time line, draw a vertical line down the middle of a sheet of paper.
- Write your child's birth date on the left side of the line at the top of the page. On the right side of the line, write the corresponding event. ("I was born!")
- Add other important dates and events, such as when your child started to walk and talk, when siblings were born, when your child started preschool, when you took family trips, and so on, in chronological order.
- To make a long time line, cut a length of paper from a large roll or tape several sheets of paper together. Draw a horizontal line across the middle of the banner.
- Write the dates and events of your child's life from left to right.
- Glue on photos or let your child illustrate each event.
- Hang the time line in your child's room and add to it occasionally.