- Pen, crayon, or marker
- Put a raisin at the tip of each toothpick; the raisins will connect the toothpicks and keep them from being easily jostled apart.
- On a piece of paper, draw letters and shapes that correspond in size to the toothpicks.
- Have your child connect the toothpicks to create each letter or shape.
- You may not need to draw the letters or shapes for older children.
- Keep in mind that your child will eat some of the raisins (which makes the activity more fun), so keep plenty on hand.