- Shoelace or thin plastic tubing
- Items for threading: empty thread spools, large beads, hair curlers, tubular pasta, paper towel tubes cut into 1-inch rings
- Collect a variety of round objects such as empty spools, large beads, plastic hair curlers, large tubular pasta, or paper towel tubes cut into 1-inch rings.
- Show your child how to thread these items onto a shoelace or length of thin plastic tubing.
- Tie one of the objects being threaded to the end of the lace or tubing to prevent the rest from slipping off.