- Materials of varying textures: sandpaper, old carpeting, fabric, cotton balls, fun fur, and so on
- Metal lids from frozen-juice cans
- Cut the various materials you have gathered into a round shape that will fit the frozen-juice-can lids.
- Glue the material onto the lid.
- Younger toddlers will enjoy simply feeling the textures.
- Magnets glued to the back of the juice lids will allow your child to play with them on the refrigerator or on a cookie sheet placed on the tray of her highchair.
- For older children, make two sets and have them sort the lids by matching the materials or sorting by texture (smoothest to roughest, softest to hardest, and so on).