- 5 minutes
- Small hand drum or other object to beat
- Lie down together on your stomachs and beat the drum twice.
- On the first beat, raise the stomach off the floor.
- On the second beat, bring it back down flat.
- Let your toddler feel your tummy go up and down with the count.
- Repeat, lying on your backs with shirts pulled up to expose the stomach.
- Decide on another body part to raise and lower on the two beats.
- One of you be the leader, with the other copying the movements.
- Put a small toy on the tummy and see if you can keep it from falling off.