- 5 to 10 minutes
- Thin cardboard or heavy paper
- Masking tape
- Cut out several 8- to 10-inch circles and tape them to the floor in a straight line so that they are close enough to move from one to the other in a step.
- Pretend they are stepping stones across a river and take turns crossing over the whole line of them.
- Place the circles into a gentle curve and step from one to another.
- If your toddler is able, have her alternate steps, putting only one foot on a dot.
- Play stop and go as your toddler moves about on the dots.
- Tell your toddler to lead so that you can follow.
- Move across the circles using music of different tempos.