- Large sheet of paper
- Using markers on a large sheet of paper, draw an imaginary city big enough for your child's cars and trucks.
- Be sure to include some landmarks familiar to your child: bank, grocery store, gas station, park, hospital, school, post office, train tracks, and so on.
- Tape the finished city to the floor so your child can travel around the city with her cars, trucks, dolls, and fire engines.
- For a more permanent city, use paints on strong cardboard or wood. Glue milk cartons or small boxes onto the map to make buildings.
- For a variation, make an imaginary airport or farm.