- 20 to 30 minutes
- Light cardboard or heavy paper
- Glue or tape
- Magazine pictures
- Felt pens
- Talk about things that your child likes to do at home, and use squares cut from the cardboard or paper to draw a picture of each activity, or look for pictures in magazines to glue or tape on.
- Store in a place where your child can look at them to choose an activity that you can do together. This way, the next time your child is bored, you can use his own choices to get him involved again.
- Make a set of play activity cards for when you are traveling or waiting in a restaurant.
- Make a set of weekend cards that are geared to fun with the whole family.