Hi I am a mom of a 13 year old daughter and she has a very loving stepdad. Her Father spends very little time with her. Here are some of the issues I face and I am not sure what to do.
1. She has recetly told me that the consequences I give her do not affect her she is still going to do what she wants to do. She is a great kid at school and the perfect angel but when she is at home it is a totally different story.
2. She is rude and yells at her step-father if he asks her anything or tries to get her to help around the house. If I ask she usually does it but it I have to consitatntly remind her.
3. When she does see her dad he buys her and gives her whatever she wants no matter her behavior.
4. I have tried schedules, consequences posted and even paying her for doing things around the house.
5. She could care less to spend time with her family she would rather sit in her room and read or play on the computer. I have taken electronics away and she still refuses to spend time with us. If I force her it is misrable for the whole family.
She refuses wants to do what she wants and could care less about the consequences involved. I am not sure what to do as she is becoming more defiant and more verbally abusive. I have put her in therapy but when she is there she refuses to talk and just sits there and says "I don't know" to eveything. I hate spending money when it is not helping her. Any words of wisdom or help I am at my witts end and it is causing a strain on me and her step-father's relationship.